Monday, December 21, 2015

12 Cookies of Christmas

Growing up my mom always made 12 different varieties of cookies for the holidays (I know, she had a lot of free time right) for the 12 days of Christmas.  While I would like to say that I am so organized that I too make 12 different cookies, that is just not the case.  If I make 4 kinds then I call that a success.  

I have rounded up my top 12 cookies, so if you are feeling motivated I promise you cannot go wrong with any of these!!











Jewel Cookies
I personally think raspberry jelly is the best and it must be bonne maman



Decorator Sugar Cookies
If you have children and you only make 1 cookies, this needs to be it!!  One of my best childhood memories is icing cookies with my brother and sisters and this was the recipe my mom used.  I know, butter crisco, but this is so. damn. good.   If you have an ounce of restraint then bake away.



Meringue Cookies
We call these nighty nights in my home because they sit in the oven overnight.  I always leave out the  nuts, that seems to be a bit too much.

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness! My pants are already painful to zip! Stop it! ;-) Time for leggings.

    ReplyDelete