Thursday, November 13, 2014

In the Mood

So spending a few days at Silver Dollar City has totally put me in the holiday spirit.  Christmas lights  everywhere,  Santa, carolers strolling, mulled cider, and no scrooges anywhere!!

This is as close to story book perfect that you are going to get. 



My recent visit, plus the case of Cakebread 2006, anderson valley pinot noir I scored, added with the snow that is coming on Saturday has definitely got me in the mood.  

But I can't over look Thanksgiving, we have so much to be Thankful for and it really is one of my favorite holidays.  I spent the afternoon picking up a few things for our house this thanksgiving.





and I could not resist this...
An absolutely adorable plate to serve the absolutely disgusting cranberry sauce from a can.
The hubs has one request each Thanksgiving, I put a can of cranberry sauce in the fridge 1 week before Thanksgiving just for him.  He likes it good and cold, and would like it to slide out of the can in one piece so he can see the ridges from the can.

Yeah we all know what I am talking about.

Hubs idea of great cranberry sauce...



and mine...

He has a major cranberry flaw!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe he likes that stuff! I'm laughing!

    We didn't actually put up our "real tree" yet. Do they even sell them this early? But I let the kids decorate our fake one. I like to have 2 trees. ;-)

    I'm dreading when Keira gets to Libby's age b/c I know it's going to be even worse!!

    ReplyDelete