Monday, June 3, 2013

Party Planner

This summer I made a pact with myself to get out and do things.  Typically we spend our days at the pool, and our nights hanging on our porch, which I love, but come September I want to look back and say "wow we had a great summer and we did everything"  I have officially appointed myself party planner of the summer.

Some of my excursions include the kids and some are adults only, tonight we have our first outing and the kids are invited to this one.

Right in the middle of the city is our top notch park, Forest Park, one of the country's largest urban parks.   Inside the park you will find the zoo, an ice skating rink, golf course, tennis courts, art museum, history museum,  an outdoor theatre, and the jewel box where you can see the most beautiful flowers.

In addition to all that, you will also find a restaurant and a lake, this is where our outing begins.  Tonight we are dining waterfront...




then we are taking out the paddle boats...

This is a fun way to see the park plus maybe I can burn a few calories.

Of course I have a feeling that I will put all those calories back on when we stop for a little late night gelato...


I just love summer!!


4 comments:

  1. That looks like a great way to spend a summer day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the boathouse!!! Have fun!!! Love your title as summer party planner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you can inspire me to do fun stuff too!! I am just waiting to get to the beach but the weather is not cooperating. ;-/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fabulous park for a fun day out:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete