Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Get Out!

And the party planning continues!  

Tonight I have round 2 of event planning but this one is girls only. A couple months ago a much anticipated french patisserie opened and it is formidable!!

I have popped in for lunch,  some macaroons and also did the mother's day tea.  I would like to say I had some influence on tonights event but I will never really know...  anyway on mother's day I was chatting with the owner and told her that she really needed to host a baking class because her pastries are a-mazing.


A couple weeks ago I got an email from the bakery inviting me to their first class, "the art of french baking."  I immediately called the fabulous 4 (a nickname given to me and 3 friends from the hubs) and signed us up for this class.  I am really excited for tonight, I am not much of a baker, but I want to be.  I am too impatient.  I have always heard with baking you have to be very precise with measuring and you must take your time.  I am usually eyeballing how much flour to use and I never let anything sit or rest for 30 minutes, I am way too busy, of course this is probably most of my desserts taste like paper.  I
think I would enjoy baking if I just took the time.  We will not know what we are making until we arrive tonight but you can't go wrong with any of her desserts...





and the best for last...


Of course to prepare myself for tonight, this morning I am going to my first ever Bar Method class
I am expecting great things from this class!!

yeah

6 comments:

  1. Those desserts look incredible! Bar classes are TOUGH! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to go to that baking class...enjoy!!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so fun!! And I am dying to take a bar class...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fun! Let me know how it goes. I love to bake. I just never have enough time! PS-my sister swear by the bar method!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great combination of classes. Burn the fat the eat yummy French cakes perfect evening

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like such a greta cooking/baking class!! and I've never tried bar method but people swear by it - say it is absolutely amazing.
    http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete