Monday, April 22, 2013

Scenes from the weekend


Another fun weekend for the books.  

The members only restaurant we went to Saturday night, had me hooked by our appetizers so I immediately signed up to join the club...

I can't wait to hear back that I am in.  We had such a great time with our friends, the food was amazing...

but the atmosphere and the space is what sealed the deal.  Such a fun, upbeat, swanky place to dine...


Sunday I had a very pleasant surprise!!

When I got married I was still teaching, and one of my students, who was 10 at the time, was an AMAZING violinist.  He was already in the St. Louis Junior Symphony and had won several awards, so I asked Henry to play at my wedding.  He played the most beautiful, most perfect Joy of Man's Desire as my parents and the groomsmen walked in, and  Canon in D for the wedding party.  It shocked a lot of people that something so extraordinary was coming from a child.  He is all grown up, went to Juilliard, and now plays for the NYC philharmonic.  He was in STL over the weekend for a concert where is all started.  I have lost touch with him but I am a firm believer in fate.  My hubby just happen to see the blurb about him in the paper, the concert just happen to be less than a mile from my house, and I just happen to be free on Sunday....


This young man is brilliant, keep your eyes on him because he is going places!!

 The last time I took a picture with him was my wedding day.

4 comments:

  1. That restaurant sounds so cool! I know I say it all the time but you are so up on restaurant trends in stl!!! That's so exciting you got to see your former student! Glad you had a fabulous weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great weekend! I was super jelly when I read about that restaurant. I would be there all the time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool that you had a 10 year old prodigy play at your wedding! You look gorgeous mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool picture! You look fab in your Gap dress!

    ReplyDelete