Friday, June 1, 2012

Girl Friday


Even though I will literally be 5 miles from my house I definitely feel like I am going on a mini vacation this weekend.  My friend and I do this every summer.  We check into a local hotel then shop, eat and drink our way through the city...



after we drop off our bags, its off to my favorite boutique for a little retail therapy...


I must stop by here...


one of the few places to buy authentic French Macaroons...



after a little shopping, we will be parking ourselves here...

for a light lunch...


and some of this poolside...

Saturday night we plan on doing a restaurant crawl in search of our favorite foods and drinks.  First on my list is Scape for the best hard lemonade and my favorite appetizer in the city...


I have mentioned before how I am obsessed with their brie artichoke, I am salivating just typing this...


next stop, Sub Zero my favorite vodka bar...

and one of the best spots in the city to people watch (the sushi is phenomenal as well)..

then onto Herbie's...

for what I think, is the best beet salad in town...

On Sunday, before it is back to reality, a quick stop at one of my favorite places for breakfast and lucky for me it is steps from the hotel.  I will definitely be paying a visit to Crepes Etc....

for this...
and of course this...


Have a beautiful weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful weekend! That artichoke looks delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome weekend! You always have the best plans!!! Have a fabulous weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is wonderful to take a mini girls trip! You have tons of fun stuff planned. I'm drooling over that artichoke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds so fun! You always have the best weekends! Can't wait to hear about it on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you!! Is Dr. Beautiful home with the kiddos? I'm jealous! I have dinner plans tonight but otherwise an icky boring weekend. Have fun for me too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All that delicious food is making me so hungry!! Have a fantastic weekend:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous idea!! It all sounds so fun and that food all looks delish. That artichoke brie -seriously?! mmmm Have a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to move to STL (?) so I can be your bff and have these girl wknds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like the perfect girl's getaway weekend! I feel like I should bookmark this for my next trip! Have a wonderful time!!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an amazing plan. That artichoke looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete