Thursday, May 31, 2012

Childhood Dreams

A few weekends ago we went to Kansas City to see the house my hubby grew up in.  His childhood home was the 2012 Designer Showcase Home and it was just fabulous.  I took many pictures, but here are a few of my favorites.

This house has a presence, you notice it the moment you turn on the street.  It is hard to capture on camera, but it has a "wow factor"...


when we first entered we were greeted by a beautifully styled table.  I love how the print is just resting against the mirror and the lamp was exquisite.  This is also a very clever was to disguise the old fashion radiator heaters...


It's amazing how beautiful lighting can add that finishing touch, the chandeliers throughout the house were just gorgeous.  No detail was left undone...

A little sparkle can completely transform a room...


I loved the dining room, it was just stunning from the upholstered bench instead of chairs, to the silk dupioni window treatments, to the gold foiled walls...




somebody else also likes blue cabinets in their kitchen...


My hubby's old room which is now a little girls room.  It was this very spot where he decided he was going to be a doctor...



I took a couple shots of the teenage boy's room.  This is what my son wants in his room.  A TV/video/hanging out area...



and a sleeping area...



the coolest mirror on the closet door...




another girls room...



love the canopy...





the beautifully landscaped back yard...




My family (minus Scarlett who stayed home with my parents) in front the house...
so many happy memories were made here!!

11 comments:

  1. What a stunning house! Your hubby was a lucky guy to have called it home. How neat that you get to see it all these years later. I would love to be able to go back through my childhood home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful! beautiful house. i love the backyard especially.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That house is stunning. I love the first chandelier pictured. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, lighting is so important. Beautiful lamp and chandelier. Beautiful living room with silk window treatments and the foiled walls are stunning.

    Leslie

    www.trouverlesoleil.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous home! I love the first little girl's room--too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous house!! That's so cute that Dan decided in that room. ;-) I forget is Dan's dad a Doc too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous house! So fun to be able to go back and look at it and share it with your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous house! Great that you all got back to visit:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous house he grew up in! This is just stunning! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness it's beautiful!!!!!!! I love it! i want to pin every pic.

    ReplyDelete