Tuesday, October 18, 2011

It's Not Too Early!!

Every Christmas I love to give my neighbors/mailman/milkman a little gift. In the past I have done everything from ornaments, to cookies and candies, to candles, to mini live tress. I started to think about what I was going to do this year and was stumped. I hate to do a repeat gift yet my creative juices were not flowing. In comes pinterest. I stumbled across something that I think is not only so cute, but who wouldn't love this, especially anyone with kids...


Peppermint Popcorn Bark.....
2 bags of microwave popcorn, popped (about 18-20 cups)
1 (6oz) box of candy canes, crushed
1 pkg of almond bark
1 tsp of peppermint extract

Place popcorn in a very large bowl (the biggest you can find). Pour crushed candy canes on top of the popcorn. Melt almond bark according to instructions on the package. Add the peppermint extract to the almond bark and pour over the popcorn. Stir until all the popcorn is coated. Pour popcorn on wax paper and allow to harden. Once the popcorn has hardened, break into pieces and enjoy!


you can deliver your popcorn in these adorable and inexpensive bowls from Pier 1....


or Target.....
it's never too early!!

7 comments:

  1. Very cute idea. :) The bowls are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely idea! Very hard to come up with new ideas! BTW I am enjoying Christy Moore singing everyday! His relations live in the next town to us:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so yummy! My mom is a teacher, and I love when parents make her Christmas goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute idea! I just brought my neighbors some pumpkin granola! I know they always appreciate the thought {and I do too!}>

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes me happy! I love the holidays! The target bowls are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so good! And such a sweet thing to give to everyone :) xo Lisa

    ReplyDelete