Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Come Fly With Me

I have a new, favorite show this fall and surprisingly it is not a reality show. I am hooked on Pan Am. This show follows the lives of pilots and flight attendants in the 60's when Pan Am was a global sensation, the employees led extremely glamourous lives, and flying was considered the ultimate luxury...
Before watching this show, I never gave much thought to 60's fashion. Now, I don't know what I am more excited about the story line, or the hair, jewelry and fashion...
I am smitten with the 60's look, so polished and put together...

they even look so glamourous at work...love the gloves...

my favorite character Bridget, whom I don't think is a regular, has such great style...
In the 60's, people actually got dressed to the nines when flying, today it looks like half the people on planes just rolled out of bed and schlepped to the airport..
the 60's brought us long, glamourous, iconic hair...
the birth of Lilly dresses...
the original supermodel Twiggy...
and the classic shift dress...and of course "Breakfast at Tiffany's"
Set your DVR!!

11 comments:

  1. I am also loving this show!!! I agree the girls always look so glamorous and stylish. Even the way they walk and hold their gloved hands up when carrying their bags is adorable. I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, too. Completely obsessed with the clothing - the women were much more feminine, too. What happened?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to watch! My roomie is in love with it! I love 60s fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this show too - I hope they keep it on the air!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the polished look of the 60's as well, but it doesnt seem as comfortable as the clothes we get to wear now...I've been wanting to check out this show even though my hubs will probably hate it!
    Aesthetic Lounge

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't watched this, but I've heard so many good things about it! I love the outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to catch up on it on hulu!!! And yes 2 summers ago when my mom and I were in france we step back onto American soil at Ohare and it was a culture shock after being in paris to see how disgusting americans dress. YOu get used to it but it is ridiculous what people wear. I saw a girl around my age in pajama pants. How you're doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got me wanting to watch, if only for the fashion :) Love the look with the blue coat and hat and white purse above!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally love the 60's fashion/style!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really sad that I missed the first few episodes. You've convinced me that I need to go back and catch up. The styles of that era are so pulled together and perfect. Love the pics you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a stylish decade. Thanks for the inspiration...

    ciao

    ReplyDelete