Sunday, November 28, 2010

And We're Off!

We had a great Thanksgiving weekend in my neck of the woods. Thursday morning we woke up to this.....SNOW!! It didn't stick but my kids managed to play outside and try to sled.

We went to my sister's house for a fun afternoon and a delicious turkey dinner.
Friday morning, Libby and I decided to hit the mall. Everything was 50% off at the Gap until 10 am. This is what our Gap looked like.
Saturday we spent the day decorating. This is our first Christmas in our new home, we decided we wanted as many trees as possible. We put one in our living room...

and one in our dining room. We are hosting Christmas eve dinner and I want everyone to be able to see a tree when they eat.
Saturday night we had a dinner party with some friends, Dan did all the cooking. He spent late Saturday afternoon making a red wine reduction sauce for the filets. I love a man in the kitchen, and not just because it means less work for me!!!
Sunday morning we were off to get our real tree for our family room.
We were so exhausted from our weekend we realized at about 7 pm last night our tree was still here..
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Time for another crazy, fun filled week!!!

8 comments:

  1. I love as many trees as possible, too! So festive.

    A man in the kitchen, I can't imagine. My mister"s specialty: canned tuna mixed with white rice. Ewww.... I won't touch it with a 10 foot pole (He is a master on the grill!)! Ha!

    Sounds like you had an awesome weekend. I'll give you some of our snow, if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a great weekend! I love your trees! We put ours up this weekend while I was at home, and it just made me so happy! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think my husband even knows where the kitchen is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you are having 3 trees!! I'm afraid to put 1 tree up because Keira will destroy it.

    Your house looks so pretty. I can't wait to see it someday.

    I hope you don't mind me saying that Dan is so hot. Esp cooking in the kitchen! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We do two trees!!! Love all your trees!! You had a busy weekend!!1

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am seriously thinking of adding more trees to my house too. You inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh, I love your trees! They're beautiful! You pic of what the Gap looked like is hilarious! I have realized that I am not cut out for Black Friday shopping. I am more of a Cyber Monday kinda girl. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your trees look great! Perfect but still homey and cozy :-)

    ReplyDelete