Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Back in the saddle

Now that the kids are back in school it is time to get myself back to the gym. During the summer, every weekday morning, I get up at 6 am to go on a 2 mile run. This morning was my first day back at the gym since May. I drop my 2 older kids off at school at 8:15 then head over to the gym for a workout/shower. I have just enough time to run an errand before I need to get home for lunch and a nap for Scarlett.
I am also a huge fan of crock pot dinners. This appliance is a life saver!! I feel like during the school year once 3 pm rolls around it is non stop craziness with homework and after school activities. I have no time to think about what's for dinner. My all time favorite dinner made in the crock pot is "Crock Pot Turkey" it is so yummy and even my kids will eat it. Here is the recipe, if you know you are going to have a crazy day, this is the perfect mealCrock Pot Turkey

3-4 pd frozen turkey breast (thawed)
2 T butter
1 block cream cheese (I use reduced fat)
1T soy sauce
1T minced parsley
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp sage
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Toss everything in crock pot and cook on low 10-12 hours or high 5-6 hours

The juice from the turkey added with all the ingredients makes a gravy that is so yummy!!



On a side note, my hubby came home from work last night and told me that MTV is filming an episode of "16 and pregnant" at the hospital where he works. If you ever watch that show and see the episode where they follow a girl from STL, look for a crazy man in the background making funny faces, that Dan

4 comments:

  1. I am going to try your crock pot meal. Sound so good and easy, too. Do you serve potatoes or any starch on the side?

    I have not been to the club since the beginning of June. I, too, run in the summer and love the outside exercise. Up to 5.5 miles a day. Yesterday kicked my a$$ as it was 95 degrees outside with a wind gust of what seemed like 60 mph! Can't wait to get out again today.

    Next week, I'll probably start back at the club. Or perhaps I might wait until the weather turns cold. I just don't know.

    What I do know, is that it will be nice to be back into a routine. School always does that for me.

    Glad to hear you're back at it. Good for the soul! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool about Dan!!

    That sounds really yummy. Do you ever make pulled pork in the crock pot? I love doing that too. I'm a huge crock pot fan myself (there we go again). :-)

    You are so disciplined to get up at 6 am and run! I'm impressed.

    How are your party plans going to this weekend!??

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds delicious! I hope your kids are loving school!

    Is your husband a doctor? That's hilarious!

    And yes, of course I watched the Real Housewives last night! Danielle is so PSYCHO! It scares me that there are people in the world like that...and I agree, Teresa was a little crazy last night, but I can't even imagaine having to interact with a person like Danielle. I can't wait until next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't ever watch that show but I will have to somehow look out for that episode!

    ReplyDelete