Saturday, June 19, 2010

Fantastique!!



My love affair with Paris began in high school, after 4 years of taking French my teacher took her students to Paris for a 2 week vacation. It was love at first sight for me!! I went on to take French 4 years in college and even spent a summer studying in Paris. After graduating college I worked for an advertising agency in Cincinnati, I was a great job but I didn't love it, then I was asked to teach french at a grade school in STL. I moved back to STL and soon after met my now husband. Ironically, he also speaks french and he also studied in Paris too. I knew from the start we were a perfect match. We just celebrated our 13th anniversary last week but we told each other from day 1 that any chance we get we are off to Paris. In the past 13 years we have been 4 times together, I have been 7 times total.
My parent are planning a trip to Paris this August and have asked what my favorite Parisian restaurant is.... after many many trips I would have to say one of my favorites is "le timbre" (postage stamp) because it is a typical small restaurant. The tables are one after the other with a total of about 12 tables. this restaurant is found in the 6th arrondisement by the gardenof Luxembourg, It is owned by an English man who is a fantastic chef. It is one of the best meals I have had in my entire life.

If you are planning a trip to Paris you MUST eat at "le timbre" 3 Rue Sainte Beuve, here is the number for reservations (they speak English) 01.45.49.10.40. Tell them Jill sent you!!

1 comment:

  1. I love Paris too although I speak no French! I spent 10 days there about 10 years ago and traveled all over France. What a gorgeous country! Wish I spoke some French - it's a beautiful language.

    ReplyDelete